Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Full of Light

Did you know, that most professional product photos take place in a light box?  Now when I opened my shop, I didn't really believe it.  I mean, how much better could a photo be in a white box?  What if I just use a white background?  Is there really any kind of difference?

Well, do I have the photo to prove this too you forever.  I'm not using ANY extra light sources in this photo, I just parked my lightbox on a chair in a patch of sun. 

Both cats (can you spot the 2nd one?) look on as I set up the light box for photos.

He's unimpressed that I'm blocking his sunlight.

The item in question being photographed in a brief period of cloudiness.
The final image.
Are you sold yet?  Luckily, if you don't have one, you can make one of these lightboxes out of a cardboard box and tissue paper.  Just cut all the flaps of a box, then cut large square holes in three of the remaining sides, leaving a 2inch strip all the way around the square, you should have sort of an empty cube frame with a bottom.  Glue sheets of tissue paper over the top, the back, and either side, leaving the front open.  Place a piece of cardstock or coloured paper inside as a background.  Tada! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results