Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bad Blogger! Bad!

*Sigh* It is MUCH harder to blog every day than I thought it would be.  I've made checklists, and reminders.  It shouldn't be so hard!

I thought "Sure, occasionally I won't want to blog, and that will be hard", but with all these reminders I didn't think I would just forget.

It's also harder to come up with stuff to show you than I thought it would be.  I did promise to have pictures every day.  I told hubby today that we have to go do some thing tomorrow, just so that I have new pictures to share.  Though I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

I was going through a pile of photos from over two years ago.  Hubby and I lived in a 2nd floor loft apartment.  It had HUGE gorgeous 10ft by 6ft windows, they gave brilliant beautiful light.  Photos sometimes are like traveling back in time, you get to see places you'd long forgotten, and things you wish you could carry with you every day.

A wall hanging, given to me by one of my dearest friends.  It hangs in our house now.  Actually it's right above me while I type

A mini quilt, made for me by that same friend.
 I love having colour on my walls, we've always rented, so often the homes we live in come with beige walls.  Beige being the colour landlords think every renter wants.   Don't get me wrong though, the above wall hanging is a distraction from the fluorescent orange square in the lower right of the picture, we hastily covered it in beige when we moved in, hoping nobody would notice.  We also had to beige up the bathroom, that the last tenants had painted a jungle green colour.



My kitty and I, getting some cuddle time.  Excuse the Ronald McDonald hair, I dont' know why I thought blonde would be a good hair dye, and kitty love doesn't wait for hair brushings.
The view up into our loft, from cuddling position.

 We got our dog here, and if you ever get any advice from this blog, let it be that you should never have a puppy in a 2nd floor walk-up.  Especially not a hound puppy.  This ball actually came out of a giant candy machine in a store, and at one point it contained a small stuffed toy.  He really loved throwing on the floor until it split in half, then chasing the halves around like little turtles when they skittered across the floor.
They could care less about the incredible view.






Sunlight spontaneously generates cats.











The dog however, LOVES the view.




The dog here is standing on our couch, watching the world go by.  We lived in the corner apartment of a building that sat at a busy intersection.  From this vantage point he could watch shoppers and buses.  He could also watch for his favourite buddy to go for walks from across the street.










Before hubby and I lived together, I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment on a quiet street.  When all other roommates had moved out, and I could finally bring my cat home from the friends he'd been staying with, I decided it was time to get a second cat.  He came from the humane society, and was from a feral colony.  They said that he'd grow out of his weird behaviour, but he never has.  Here's a video of him, 4 or 5 years ago at least, jumping for a toy on a string.  Please excuse the "me" in this video and the messy house.  I can't tell you what the excuse for it was, but I'm sure there's a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results