Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chrismas preparations continue



It's noon here, and I've had a fairly productive day so far. This morning I had a court date for a parking ticket I was fighting (thanks to the advice of the officer who gave me the ticket), and also thanks to him, the charges were withdrawn. YAY! Thanks Officer Awesome!

Today I've finished my birdseed wreaths. I've used the recipe for these lovely wreaths from over at Dereila Nature Inn. I used half the recipe posted there, since I have a smaller silicone bundt pan. Frankly, the hardest part of the process was tying the raffia onto the wreaths without destroying them. I've seen other wreaths set into a wooden box and packed with raffia, where you simply hang the whole box outside. I think I'll use that method next time since the birds may steal the raffia for nesting before they've eaten the seed. Also frustrating is loosing several feet of counter space while I wait for the wreaths to air dry (which took me days). I've resorted to packing them into shoe boxes with desiccate packs, in hopes it will keep away the mold for a little longer. I may pack them in salt if this doesn't work. Overall they turned out beautifully.

I've also included photos from the "Hot Chocolate On a Stick"s that I've made. I got this wonderful idea from Giver's Log. I used milk chocolate gourmet baking wafers from the bulk store for the inside. Then I coated them in a dark chocolate "Mayan" chocolate bar. It was about 60% cocoa, with orange, cinnamon and chilies in it. I used a sort of star shaped ice cube mold to make them, and the finished product is cute and delicious.

Now..to finish up those Christmas cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results