Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cherry angel food cake with cherry cream cheese icing. How it all turns out.

Ok, so I don't really know the answer to how it all turns out. I DO know the answer to how the stew worked out. It was wonderful, delicious and what wasn't eaten is in the freezer for later. If I had it all to do again, I would maybe thicken it a little more.

The cake also turned out delicious. I took a jar of marachino cherries and put them in a food processor, saving the the juice for later. I made a box mix (I'm a bit of a cheater) and added the cherries at the last minute, cooking as per the directions. For the icing, I mixed cream cheese with icing sugar and butter to taste, then slowly added marachino cherry juice and icing sugar for taste and consistency. Mine was glaze consistancy but you could opt for a more frosting-y type glaze. Angel food cake is typically low in calories and fat free, and I used 95% fat free cream cheese so if you want to omit the butter you could have yourself a whole guilt-free cake!

As for today? I have no plans, none, zero. Maybe I'll cook something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results