Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Link, stop smashing my jars!

So today I have that creamcheese frosting recipe. It's the creation of a friend of mine who has generously offered to test recipes for me here and there, and send me recipes she'd love to share with you. It's all very exciting actually because it means:

a) I'm not the only person reading my blog.... and less disappointingly:

b) You might actually get recipes during the weeks on end where I manage to get nowhere NEAR a kitchen!

So for the icing:

1 pkg of cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
Lots of icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
2 or 3 tbsp cream/milk

Blend softened cream cheese with butter until smooth. Add Vanilla and salt and stir more. Add icing sugar until you get an icing consitency. (some like it thick) and add a couple tablespoons of cream or milk just to help smooth it out and make it creamy and spreadable.
Stir for five mins, sit the bowl in the fridge to stiffen for five mins and then stir thoroughly before drizzing on anything that needs frosted.

OR put it in an icing bag and squirt into the middle of your favorite muffins

OR eat with a spoon (unless your diabetic)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would do that.

Also today, I have a couple of links for you.

First, unless I've already sent you to this site, I'm sending you to Stumbleupon Now if you're reading this, you probably are already on Stumbleupon. Stumbleupon is my secret addiction. It's like channel surfing for the internet. Have you ever been bored and just kept clicking the links on sites to take you to other sites to find something interesting to look at or do? Fear not dear reader for I will change your life. Stumbleupon installs a toolbar where you click a "Stumble" button and it takes you to random websites. You can give the website a thumbs up or a thumbs down and Stumble learns your likes and dislikes as you go, bringing you more and more sites tailored to your specific tastes. Just try it, trust me.

Second, we're going to hop on over to XKCD which is, in their words "A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math and language". If I was you I'd just start at the beginning and read through a couple. Try not to laugh. I dare you.

Anyway, I'm promising pictures in the next post. It's a tall order but this is 2010 after all. I "should" be able to make that go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results