Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

THE Raspberry Cream Torte!

Tada!I promised (ages ago, but we don't need to talk about that) and here it is. THE Raspberry Cream Torte. (I believe that the recipe from Taste of Home was originally titled Raspberry Cream Dessert). Just in time for Valentines.

Ingredients
Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

Filling
1 pkg (10 ounces) thawed frozen raspberries
1/4 cup cold water
1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
1 pkg (8 ounces) softened cream cheese (I used low-fat, nobody will ever know.)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream WHIPPED (this threw me off when I discovered it halfway through making the dessert

1. Combine crust stuff and press into 8 " pan (use a disposable, straight sided aluminum pan, or a springform pan). Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.


2. Drain berries and reserve juice. Set berries aside. In a small saucepan mix juice, water and gelatin. Let stand 5 min.



3. Cook gelatin mixture over low heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool 10 min.



4. Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Add berries and gelatin mixture and mix together. Chill until partially set (keep a close eye on it, this happens fast). Fold in whip cream (hopefully you already whipped it). Keep the extra whip cream. Spoon mixture into crust.

* Extra tip: Under my bowl in the above pick is a cold pack. Keeps the bowl stable and cold while the whip cream is setting up. I use an oat bag cold pack. It's basically a 6" x 14" tube of cloth, filled with oats. I keep it in the freezer, but you can also put it in the microwave (just only microwave in short bursts of 20-30 seconds or risk burning the oats). I curl it into a circle on my counter and put the bowl on top.


5. Chill OVERNIGHT! (or 6hrs).


6. Peel down sides of pan (or cut them off) or remove springform outside thingy. Top slices with extra whip cream and/or garnish.


7. Write me copious thank you letters telling me all about how this dessert changed your life.


I have a bunch of posts lined up. So stay tuned for homemade, no recipe lasagna (meat and tomato this time), cinnamon maple pancake cupcakes, PLUS chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies and a pancake from scratch recipe both from my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results