Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Brownies

My apologies to anyone who actually reads my blog. :D The first week back at work after Christmas is usually pretty busy.

A few days ago I made chocolate cherry brownies.

I had half a jar of maraschino cherry juice left from the cherry angel food cake and I was craving something chocolate. I made the brownies without a recipe but I'm sure you could just add the cherry juice to any good brownie recipe.
Here's what I used:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
approx 1/2 cup of cherry juice
Blend together.
In a seperate bowl, mix together:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until you have a consistancy you like (runnier makes gooier brownies, thicker makes cakier brownies). Bake in a 350 deg oven until dry and cracked on top (gooey) or until a toothpick comes out clean (cakey).

In other news, I'm adding a picture of some pictures.....that's right.... I was looking for some artwork to hang on a wall. Something simple. What I ended up doing was cutting two pieces out of scrapbooking paper and framing them in matching frames. It's a pretty simple way to get some elegant looking art up on your walls and scrapbooking patterns are pretty much infinite in styles and colours now.


I'm always intrigued by what people frame and put on their walls. If you have a great idea for easy art on your walls I'd love if you'd leave a comment. Anonymous comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results