Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Technology, it's incredible!

It is, isn't it? I mean a few years ago the cell phone I had was the size of a brick. It made calls but only if you were lucky. Now cells phones are ubiquitous. They're everywhere and they can do anything. We're expected in our day-to-day lives to keep up with everything simultaneously, but to do that we need to purchase increasingly advanced technology that forces us to do more to pay for it. In my first year of university, which was well into the "computer" age, I was frustrated by the fact that many of my professors required essays to be typed on a computer. It was something I couldn't afford. I typed all my essays on an old electric typewriter. It meant days of retyping pages when there was a single error on the page, I was too embarrassed to hand in something that looked like it was written on a typewriter. So, it's with mixed feelings that I'm typing this post on a smartphone. I'm hoping that this is just a continuation of this new direction in my life where I attempt to be both less and more connected.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results