Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm Somewhere Where I Don't Know Where I Am

Blogging is HARD! I never had any idea! I just thought, ok, I like to write, I'll start a blog and write about the things I like.

It's an incredibly frustrating process. Not for most people I'm sure. I rarely get time to sit down and do something like this. Most of my posts have been done at work during lunch. There are a couple of reasons behind this. One, I have time to do it there at lunch, and Two my work computer uploads pictures faster than the netbook I have at home.

Now today, I'm posting from home. I have a couple of hours of time this morning, and thought I'd post that recipe for Corn Chowder, and was unpleasantly surprised to discover that I'd left my camera memory card at work.

So, that means I don't have any pictures for you today :( It's sad, I know.

This past couple of weeks has been a complete blur. I've been up late, and early getting items ready for my etsy shop. Taking pictures and editing them. Buying Christmas gifts and supplies. My one day off this week will be used to drive out to visit some family.

I really have high hopes for the Etsy shop (www.penguincraft.etsy.com or just click the pictures to the right of the post here. I'm really hoping I can build up a customer base, and some niche items and get myself out of the industry I'm in now. Big dreams.

Anyway, this week has been a flurry of ornament making. They're fairly easy to make en-mass and while I'm working (shhh don't tell the boss). I'm thrilled about the sparkly paper ones. They look stunning hanging on a tree. I posted some new ones yesterday. Some beautiful green ones with a sparkly ribbon, and a nice set of red/gold ones. The first gold ones I've done (I'm partial to silver personally).

I also attempted some "lace paper" ones. They turned out asymmetrical so I'll have to take another stab at that using a different paper.

I have definite plans for a baby mobile using the paper bells in baby colours. I'm also designing a wedding garland. I hope to have those up soon.

I'm also hoping to dive into some more polymer clay stuff. I don't have a very good supply of colours right now though.

Stay tuned to both here, and etsy, for my latest posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results