Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Visions of Shortbread Cake Danced In My Head

Hello again,

Phew, it's been a wild wild August. The S.O. and I are now officially relocated. We're now in a more rural and relaxing environment. Living in the big city takes a lot out of you. It's loud and chaotic and you're always no more than a couple of steps away from your job. ICK. Now, if only my plans for winning the lottery would pan out....

Without further ado:


Shortbread Cake

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup glaceed cherries cut in halves
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp almond extract

Directions:

1. Mix the flour and salt together then throw in the cherries and mix to coat them all.


2. Whisk softened butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract together (again I used egg substitute).


3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.


4. Pour into bundt pan and bake at 300 for 90-100 mins while watching CAREFULLY. My oven was notoriously uneven so I shifted in around the oven a number of times and poked it with a skewer a dozen times to see if it was done.

Tada!

*It's worth noting that I had intended for this just to be a regular cake that had cherries in it, and the tasting like shortbread was a delightful side effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Results