Welcome to "chuff to bits"! My blog about food, crafting, and other wonderful things! Stay tuned to find out what!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And In Other News.....

I'm having an organizational crisis. It's true.

This Etsy thing may be the saviour in my life. The lighted path out of the dark. I need to get out of this job, and no matter how hard I look, the combination of "more money" and "less crappy" or "equal money" but "delightful" just doesn't exist. We have too many bills at home, so to quit my job would be pressure we just don't need.

I figure if I can just WILL this Etsy shop to work then I'll have it made. The one problem being that to make it work I have to DO the work. I need to get enough products up, fast, and I'm certainly struggling with that (enough that I've considered taking on another artist/crafter into my shop). I don't want to be responsible for the success of another person, but it WOULD definitely bump up my number of products. I also have to hit the marketing hard.

Because of this new shop I'm starting to lose my mind a little. I've got several more websites that I need to keep track of (including a Flickr account that you'll see here soon). I've got shipping and deadlines and other details. I've got my normal job to contend with.

Basically, I'm starting to forget things. What was I doing? Oh, right.....

I've tried to mail my watch out to be repaired 4 times now, but I keep forgetting to bring the warranty to photocopy. I've started writing the post on corn chowder probably a dozen times now but at some point I only uploaded 4 of the pictures.....where'd the others go? What WAS I thinking at the time? I'm trying to learn photography and photo editing but I can't remember to upload the photos....or where my camera is......or where I left the thing I'm taking pictures of....or where my brain went. I'm determined to get a phone with an organizer......except we forgot to pay the phone bill......

So, if you have any good organizational tips or ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Since I have NOTHING good for you today picture/recipe wise I'm leaving you with a brand new addition to the site. A BLOGROLL!!!! WOOT! To the right you'll find a whole list of brilliant, interesting and funny blogs. A number of these blogs are Etsy related. If you're nervous about me sending you elsewhere then you should check out Cakewrecks first.....You'll thank me later.

1 comment:

  1. Deeeeeeeeeeep breath. It gets better. You can do it. Make Etsy work.. one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Search Results